Posted on 22-03-2014
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!
Recent Work in Bhilwara
- Started Bharat Nirman Rajiv Gandhi Sewa Kendra, Equipped with computers and Internet and attached to the Panchayat Ghar from Bhilwara
- Launched Chambal-Bhilwara drinking water project, to be implemented with an estimated cost of Rs. 2223.67 crore in September this year.
- The project will benefit approximately 25 lakh people of 1688 villages in 9 cities and towns namely Bhilwara, Asind, Mandal, Gulabpura, Gangapur, Shahpura, Jahazpur, Mandalgarh and Bijoliya of the district.
- Mainline Electrical Multiple Unit (MEMU) Coach Factory Rupaheli Station been approved in the Rail Budget 2013-14 at an estimated cost of Rs. 800 crore.
- Rs. 1,500 crore steel plant set up by Jindal group in Bhilwara. The ambitious project will bosst employment opportunities in the region & will develop the region.
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) also plans to invest around Rs. 8000 crores to develop Bhilwara iron ore mine and set up a pellet plant with 2 million tonne per annum capacity at the site. RINL is also going to set up a Steel Plant in Bhilwara investing around 10,000 crores and the lease of iron mine has been sanctioned to RINL by the efforts.
- During his tenure as the Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, NHAI (National Highway Authority of India) organised a three day mega health camp in Bhilwara. Specialist doctors from across India treated thousands of patients.
- Pilot Project in Bhilwara was launched by Dr Joshi during his tenure as Minister for Rural Development and Panchayati Raj. A touch-screen and an automated teller machine (ATM) were installed in Suwana and Kanda villages to monitor the work progress and individual work done by workers in a particular area.
- Reading the thumb impression of the workers, the touch-screen give details of the work done by them while the ATM rolls out the amount due to a worker.
- A pilot project was started in 101 selected villages of 33 Gram Panchayats of all 11 Blocks of Bhilwara to achieve holistic development of the individuals & the community through convergence of all ongoing schemes with MGNREGA in a concentrated way.
- To develop the land of BPL/SC/ST farmers under MGNREGA category- IV farmers after treatment of unused land first time harvested crops and secured their livelihood. It has created an atmosphere to start 'Apna khet Apna kaam' yojna.
- The project will enhance quality of life by providing secured livelihood opportunities to the poor and marginalized sections of society by reducing the vulnerability and promoting holistic socio-economic growth.
- Bhilwara has also seen the development of roads in rural areas under the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojna in Bhilwara. Dr. Joshi restarted the scheme which was closed for the state and through this allotted 1500 Kms of roads for the state. Dr. Joshi also laid foundation stones of two lanes with paved shoulders on Bhim-Parasoli-Gulabpura section of NH-148D in Bhilwara and also the Four Laning Project of Rajsamand-Bhilwara section of NH-758 at Gangapur Chauraha, Gangapur.
- The Bhilwara- Rajsamand project's total length is 87.250 kms and it will expedite the improvement of infrastructure in the state of Rajasthan and also in reducing the time and cost of travel for traffic, particularly heavy traffic, plying between Rajsamand and Bhilwara.
- National Highway NH - 758 is an important corridor which links major cities of Rajasthan. It will also increase employment potential for the local labourers for project activities.
- Dr. Joshi initiated 'Mahila Internet Jagrukta Abhiyan' in Bhilwara on 15 August 2013. The pilot project in collaboration with Google India aimed at spreading digital literacy amongst women. It empowered more than 100,000 women making Bhilwara one of the most digitally literate districts in India. It will now be replicated across India, seeking to get 50 million women online by the end of 2014. (http://www.inc.in/your-voice/entry/mahila-internet-jagrukta-abhiyan-in-bhilwara).
- As MP, he established 101 self help group scheme focusing on providing training cum employment for youth in the region. Also, the Gram Panchayat buildings in Bhilwara were renovated and the staffing situation in Gram.